Starting a food truck business can be a rewarding way to work for yourself and give people amazing culinary experiences on the go. It’s much more cost effective than becoming a restaurant owner and you’ll have more control over your end product. That said, you’ll need a variety of specialist equipment to get you started. Read on to find out more.
Table of Contents
Creating the truck
Once you’ve established your vision, you can look to create your food truck in reality. You may want to buy a new van or get one secondhand. You’ll be able to find better value in the used market, but you may need to do some renovations before you can call it home.
Decide what aesthetic you want your van to have, including exterior branding and design elements. The inside is important too but more people will focus on what they can see from the outside. You could go bold and bright or simple and sophisticated, depending on your target market.
If you’re serving a particular cuisine, a themed truck can be a great way to enhance your customer experience and it should help to attract more attention.
Equipment you may need
Every food truck needs a few equipment essentials. These can be broken down into a few key categories:
- Power equipment – A power supply is crucial to ensure you can use your equipment when needed. Some sites may have fixed power supplies for you to use, but others may require you to use generators for operations. Consider where the power will enter your truck and how it can be accessed from the inside with sockets and outlets.
- Cooking equipment – Fresh food needs to be cooked and delivered from the truck itself. Ovens, grills, fryers or any other appliances you need will be key in allowing you to serve the best food.
- Food preparation equipment – If you’re going to be doing food prep onsite as well, you’ll need the right tools to do that. Space and worktops for preparation, knives, chopping boards, pots and pans, thermometers and other items will help to ensure you can get ready for busier times ahead.
- Serving equipment and supplies – Your front-of-house service needs to be adequate to make sure customers enjoy a good experience. POS systems, payment devices, cutlery, napkins, sauce bottles, holding and warming stations, trays – the list may well be endless. Consider what you need to serve and complete transactions, and what your customers might appreciate.
- Refrigeration equipment – Food safety is important, so you’ll need the appropriate appliances to ensure ingredients are chilled. Consider whether you need fridges or freezers to store your produce in.
- Cleaning and safety equipment – Likewise, general cleanliness and safety are important for food hygiene and trading standards. Any issues could see your business shut down. Ensure you have the right fire safety measures, as well as cleaning products and procedures to avoid any contamination.
Getting operations underway
Once all the planning and preparation is complete, there’s not much else you can do besides giving it a go. Implementing all your plans is easier said than done. In fact, it’s much harder than coming up with the ideas and strategy in the first place. Everything needs to fall into place to help you succeed.
You’ll need the right people for support, your equipment and facilities ready to go, and direct access to your target customers. These should have all been outlined in the business plan, but you’ll need to be vigilant to ensure these elements are sorted before your doors (or windows) open.
As you start to serve customers, you’ll learn what works and what doesn’t. And you’ll be able to optimise your processes and operations as you go along in line with these insights. There’s no better method of learning than hands-on experience. Good luck!
Pizza Stone Dough Roller Slicer SauceWe exclusively bring you lists of some gadgets related to food, drinks, beverages for your home, kitchen, picnic, parties and more. Below are highly reviewed Pizza Stone Dough Roller Slicer Sauce on sale from Amazon store. ENJOY 🙂
- AWARD-WINNING PIZZA SAUCE – Enjoy the unbeatable taste of the award-winning Pastorelli Pizza Sauce, awarded 5 grand gold medals in its own category by "being In a Class by itself".
- AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPE – An incredibly authentic Italian pizza sauce recipe, Pastorelli's famous Italian Chef Pizza Sauce has been a family recipe and a best-seller since 1952.
- JUICY, ZESTY FLAVOR – Made with fresh San Marzano-style tomatoes, plucked off the vine at their juicy, ripened peak for a fresh pizza sauce taste, our premium pizza sauce has a homemade zesty flavor.
- WITH CHEESE AND OLIVE OIL – Enhanced by imported Pecorino Romano cheese and extra-virgin olive oil, our pizza sauce with cheese is versatile to be used also as a pizza pasta sauce.
- A FAMILY RECIPE SINCE 1952 – This 8 oz pizza sauce can will make one 16″ inch pizza or two 12″ pizzas. Non-GMO | No Added Sugars | Gluten Free | BPA Free | Preservative Free.
- NO EFFORT PIZZA CUTTER – Stable vertical pressure and large cutting wheel for easy and perfectly controlled cutting process.
- GET THE PERFECT SLICE IN ONE CUT – This pizza cutter will leave you shocked with how easy it is to get a nice, clean cut through your pizza.
- COMFORTABLY FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND - This pizza slicer's unique design easily fits in your hand and also in your cutlery drawer.
- PROTECTIVE BLADE GUARD FOR EASY STORAGE – This pizza cutter wheel comes with a blade guard to keep your cutter securely stored away when you’re not using it.
- DISASSEMBLES FOR THOROUGH CLEANING AND DISHWASHER SAFE – Take it apart in 3 simple steps and put it in the dishwasher for thorough cleaning.
- EXCELLENT TEXTURE AND FLAVOR: Perfect for New York Style pizza or rolled thin and crispy, Weisenberger’s creates a deliciously chewy dough with enough strength to hold your favorite toppings.
- HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS: Weisenberger mills the flour used to make the pizza crust mix on site, as it has since 1865, to create a high quality and delicious pizza flour.
- SIMPLE TO MAKE: With two types of flour, salt, and yeast combined in perfect proportions, Weisenberger Pizza Mix is easy to use: just add ½ cup hot water, let rise, and bake.
- CONVENIENT SIZE: One 6.5 oz package makes a mouth-watering 12 inch pizza, or a 14 inch thin crust perfect for homemade pizza night! This listing is for a 12 pack.
- MAKE MORE THAN PIZZA: Weisenberger Pizza Crust mix is versatile enough for more than pizza. Create delicious breadsticks, calzones, cinnamon rolls, flatbread, and more!
- Measures: 7.25" x 4.5" x 1.25" / 18.5cm x 11.5cm x 3cm. Large roller: 4.125" / 10.5cm. Small roller: 2.5" / 6cm
- To help achieve a perfectly cooked crust, it needs to be of a uniform thickness. The Norpro Pastry/Pizza Roller is the perfect 2-in-1 tool for pies, cookies and pizza dough!
- The large roller smoothly rolls out dough, creating a uniform crust. Easy to use on your pastry mat/cutting board or directly in the pan!
- The small roller makes it easy to fill in dough to the edges, smooths edges and sides, and ensures uniform depth around the inner rim of the pan.
- Also ideal to crush nuts, crackers, cookies and bread crumbs!
- BEAT THE HELL OUT OF FORK – So much easier, faster and more fun than using a fork. Also not deep like a fork. Docking is the process of creating small vents in dough to prevent it from blistering and rising in large, uneven pockets during baking. The docker does take the guess work out of docking, however, since you don’t need to wonder whether you’ve added enough holes to your dough or whether it is evenly marked.
- TIME-SAVER AND LAST FOR YEARS – A dough docker is one of the stranger looking tools that you might find in your kitchen. Dough dockers are used to knock air out of your dough once it has been rolled. The dough docker will create numerous puncture holes in the dough to ensure there are no air gaps in your pizza base once it is cooked. Taking the 10 seconds to dock your dough prior to baking could save you several minutes later when it comes to popping bubbles throughout the baking process.
- NOT ONLY FOR RESTAURANT BUT ALSO FOR HOMEMADE – Generally this commercial pizza dough roller is used in the commercial pizzeria restaurant because of its speed of use. This could also be used for the homemade pizza gourment. This docker is used to easily and quickly allow bakers to dock dough just by rolling over the spiked portion back and forth with firm pressure over dough.
- PIZZA, PASTRY, TART, NAAN, PIE, FLATBREAD BUT NOT COOKIES – Pizza dough, Pastry dough, tart dough, naan bread, flat bread and pie crusts are some of the most commonly docked dough because bakers typically want them to bake as evenly as possible (particularly if there are toppings or fillings involved) in the oven. But for cookies it is a little big.
- BUY ONE GET THREE – Buy it right now, you will not only receive a dough docker, but also a pizza cutter and a pastry scraper within a beautiful gift package. You can use them all in the whole process of making pizza. Firstly, cut the dough with pastry scraper, and then roll dough docker on the dough. Lastly, cut the pizza with pizza cutter. They are also thoughtful gifts for lovers of baking.
- Size: The pizza stone measures 15" X 12" X 0.6", Golden thickness(15mm), weighs up to 6.7Lbs. Come with a free pizza peel board(11" X 15.6" x 0.35")
- Material: Made of 100% all-natural FDA-safe Cordierite stone, it is no smell and excellent thermal shock resistance. Heat-safe up to 1112°F(600℃). It could distributes heat evenly for optimal cooking, much more efficient than metal
- Multipurpose: Besides baking the fresh or frozen pizzas, this pizza stone set can be used for many other culinary explorations. Perfect for bread, cookies, stuffed calzone at home
- Clean: Scrape off any excess food with a spatula before clean. When the stone has cooled, run it under warm water while scrubbing with a brush. Never use soap or detergent on a stone, which will leave a soapy aftertaste
- After-sales Service: If you receive damaged stone or have any questions about quality and instructions during use, please feel free to contact us