Le Pain Quotidien is a Belgian chain of bakery-cafés. It serves organic breads and pastries, as well as soups, salads, and sandwiches. The company originated in Brussels in 1990, and has since expanded to over 190 locations in 21 countries.
The first Le Pain Quotidien opened in 1990 in the Sablon district of Brussels, Belgium. The company’s founders, Alain Coumont and Jean-Pierre Brunet, were inspired by the boulangeries they encountered on their travels throughout Europe. They wanted to create a bakery that served fresh, organic breads and pastries, as well as soups, salads, and sandwiches.
Le Pain Quotidien has since expanded to over 190 locations in 21 countries. The company’s menu features a variety of organic breads, pastries, and desserts. It also offers soups, salads, and sandwiches made with fresh ingredients. Le Pain Quotidien is committed to using sustainable and fair trade ingredients, and all of its products are made with no artificial preservatives or flavors.
If you’re looking for vegan-friendly restaurants, look no further than Le Pain Quotidien. This popular chain offers plenty of delicious vegan options, from starters to desserts. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at some of the best vegan dishes at LPQ. So whether you’re a vegan yourself or just looking for tasty plant-based meal ideas, read on for some great suggestions!
Related: Vegan Options at Tropical Smoothie Café
Vegan Options at Le Pain Quotidien
You might be surprised to know that one of the most popular bakery and restaurant chains in the U.S. offers a variety of vegan-friendly options. Le Pain Quotidien, which originated in Belgium, now has locations all over the world, including many in major cities across America. While not all of their menu items are vegan, there are plenty of choices to enjoy, and most of the vegan items can be modified to fit a gluten-free diet as well.
Vegan Breakfast Options at Le Pain Quotidien:
- Fruit Salad: A mix of fresh seasonal fruits, served with a side of vegan yoghurt.
- Organic Hazelnut Flute: A vegan pastry made with hazelnut spread and jam, served with a side of soy milk or almond milk.
- Organic Granola Bowl: This vegan-friendly breakfast option is made with gluten-free oats, almonds, and raisins.
- Blueberry Muffin: A vegan and gluten-free muffin, made with almond milk.
- Organic Steel-Cut Oatmeal: This oatmeal is also vegan and gluten-free, and can be made with soy milk or almond milk.
- Organic Coconut Chia Pudding: Chia seeds are combined with organic coconut milk and topped with fresh fruit.
Lunch & Dinner Options at Le Pain Quotidien:
- Vegan (Organic) Soup of the Day
- Muhammara Toast: (roasted bell pepper and walnut dip, served with organic whole wheat, rye, or super-seed sourdough bread)
- Gazpacho: A vegan soup made with tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and onions.
- Avocado Toast: This vegan dish can be made with gluten-free bread.
- Brussels Farro Bowl w/ no Cheese: This vegan-friendly dish is made with Brussels sprouts, farro, and roasted tomatoes.
- Veggie Banh Mi: (cucumber, daikon, carrot, avocado, chili mayo, and cilantro served on a whole wheat or super-seed sourdough baguette)
For example, vegan dressings and sauces include:
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Marinara Sauce
- Red Ranch Sauce
- Arby’s Sauce
- Light Italian Dressing
- Bronco Berry Sauce
- Smoky Q Sauce
Vegan Sides at Le Pain Quotidien:
some of the vegan sides available at Le Pain Quotidien include:
- Seasonal salad
- Various Dressings/Sauces
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Beetroot hummus
- Avocado slices
- Cashew/maple butter
- Green & Black Olives
- Roasted baby potatoes
Vegan Desserts at Le Pain Quotidien:
- Apple Pie
- Chocolate Cake
- Cocoa & Pear Cake
Organic hot beverages, such as coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, are also available at Le Pain Quotidien. For those who prefer to down their calories with a glass of ice water, they have a selection of cold beverages including juices, smoothies, sodas, and iced teas.
Frequently Asked Question:
Do they have any vegan breakfast options?
Yes, Le Pain Quotidien offers a few vegan breakfast options, including fruit salad, organic hazelnut flute, and an organic granola bowl. You can also order a blueberry muffin or organic steel-cut oatmeal. If you’re looking for something a little heartier, their vegan banh mi sandwich is also a great choice.
Does Le Pain Quotidien have oat milk?
Yes, they offer both soy milk and almond milk as alternative milk options. Oat milk is also available upon request.
Do they have any vegan soups?
Yes, Le Pain Quotidien offers a vegan soup of the day, as well as gazpacho and muhammara toast (roasted bell pepper and walnut dip).
Also Check: Vegan Options at Five Guys
If you’re looking for a delicious vegan meal, Le Pain Quotidien is definitely the place to go. With plenty of options on their menu, you’re sure to find something that satisfies your cravings. And if you can’t find what you’re looking for on the regular menu, they also have a specials board with additional vegan items. So no matter what time of day or night you find yourself at Le Pain Quotidien, there will always be a great vegan meal waiting for you.
Have you tried any of our favorite vegan dishes from Le Pain Quotidien? Let us know in the comments below.