A vegan is a person who applies the vegan philosophy to their life. The vegan lifestyle consists of refusing to consume animal products, not using clothing or other items that are made from animals, and being aware of the impact that your choices have on animals and the environment.
The vegan diet does not allow for any food that comes from an animal including meat, eggs, and dairy products. The vegan lifestyle has been in existence for a long time but it continues to become more popular as the world becomes more conscious of veganism and vegan choices. Many people choose to be vegan for health reasons or due to their love of animals.
There are some who believe that veganism is not a choice but rather an ethical obligation. Animal rights advocates and vegetarians may be drawn to veganism as a natural progression of their philosophy on life.
Animal crackers are a favorite snack among children, but they are not an option for vegans because they contain gelatin which is made from animal by-products. Fortunately there are animal cracker alternatives that are produced using all natural ingredients and no animal derivatives.
Read More: Vegan SunChip Flavors: Which Ones Are Vegan?
Table of Contents
About Animal Crackers
Animal Cracker is a snack food made by Nabisco. It consists of un-popped popcorn and whole grain wheat that is baked with various kinds of natural and artificial flavors, resulting in the animal shapes we know them for. The recipe has changed over time and continues to evolve as different tastes come into fashion. At one point the recipe included gelatin.
Around 2015 Nabisco changed to an all-natural version, free of animal ingredients and with non-GMO sourced ingredients (a GMO is when the DNA in an organism has been altered in order for it to produce a different result than what occurs in nature).
Many animal crackers are now produced with all-natural flavors and colors as well as organic whole wheat and rice flour. There are also varieties that contain no trans fats, which is a type of fat that has been shown to be detrimental to the cardiovascular system.
Animal Crackers are a very sought after snack among children. Many parents use the animal shapes to help teach their child about different animals, colors, and even counting. Animal crackers are so popular because of the simple fact that they taste good.
They are very crunchy which appeals to many people’s sense of texture as well as being slightly sweet for a more desirable taste. Animal crackers are also very versatile. They can be broken apart and used as a topping on ice cream, cereal, or yogurt.
They can be added to trail mix or fruit salad to add some extra crunch and sweetness to the dish. One of the most popular uses is simply eating them alone as a snack food.
Animal crackers are a popular snack food and they provide many benefits to those who eat them. They taste good, they can be used in a variety of applications, and they have healthy ingredients packed inside. However, when you are practicing veganism them animal shapes can be problematic.
Must Read: Which Flavors Of Takis Are Vegan?
What Brands & Types Of Animal Crackers Are Vegan?
The people who do not want to support the killing of animals for food will be happy to know that Nabisco offers an alternative: Barnum’s Animal cookies. This is a similar recipe that contains no meat or by-products; it is free from artificial ingredients and has non-GMO sourced ingredients.
It also uses natural flavors like its counterpart (animal crackers) does. The milk used in these recipes comes from cows who were not treated with rBGH (Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone). People who purchase this brand have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all-natural and not processed with any chemicals.
Barnum’s Animal crackers are chocolate covered snacks that consist of peanut butter and whole grain wheat. This vegan option is produced by Nabisco, the same company that produces animal crackers. Animal cookies are all-natural, with no artificial ingredients like color or flavorings.
The milk used in this product is GMO free and sourced from cows that were not treated with rBGH (a GMO is when the DNA in an organism has been altered in order for it to produce a different result than what occurs in nature).
The cookies are also made using organic wheat flour and sugar cane. People who purchase this brand have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all-natural and not processed with any chemicals.
Phoney Baloney is another all-natural alternative to animal crackers. It contains no meat or byproducts, no artificial ingredients, GMO-free sourced milk, no preservatives, and it uses natural flavors like its counterpart (animal crackers).
Read More: Which Hershey’s Syrups Are Vegan?
The Phoney Baloneys are made from organic whole wheat and rice flour as well as GMO-free sourced milk. This brand is produced by Golden Temple, a company that also produces other vegan snacks like vegan cookies and organic oatmeal.
Phoney Baloney animal cookie’s ingredients include: whole grain wheat, organic raw cane sugar, peanut butter (no artificial flavors or colors), non-GMO sourced milk from cows not treated with rBGH, and cocoa butter.
In general, brands that have been omitted from this list are those whose recipes have changed over the last few years to include animal by-products as a means for cheapening costs – as well as those who use GMO sourced ingredients.
Many Nabisco products contain all-natural ingredients and GMO-free sourced milk. These include Barnum’s animal crackers, Pascall mints, Teddy grahams, Cheese Nips, and 100% whole wheat cheez-its. Look for these products to ensure that they are vegan.
By law a cookie can only be labeled as an “animal cracker” if it contains no meat or byproducts and is wholly derived from a vegetable source. Animal crackers also must include some form of life, such as a bone or an animal figure. This is why the term “vegan” and “animal cookie” are interchangeable: vegan animal cookies contain no meat or byproducts and are wholly derived from a vegetable source.
Vegan Animal Crackers
- Trader Joe’s Organic Animal Crackers (Both Chocolate and Original)
- Barnum’s Animal Crackers (Original)
- Costco’s Kirkland Brand Animal Crackers (Original)
- Stauffer’s Iced Animal Crackers (Frosted)
- Annie’s Homegrown Organic Animal Cookies (Original)
- Stauffer’s Animal Crackers (Original & Chocolate)
Also Read: Vegan Options at Texas Roadhouse
Frequently Asked Questions
What are vegan animal crackers?
Vegan animal cookies are treats that consist of no meat or byproducts, contain no artificial ingredients, GMO-free sourced milk, and use natural flavors like its counterpart (animal crackers).
Where can you purchase these products?
Typically the best place to find them is at your local health food store or in the natural foods section of your grocery store.
What do these products taste like?
They taste just like animal crackers, but are usually organic and vegan.
How much does it cost to buy these products?
Depending on where you purchase them, they can be found anywhere between $2.50 and $5.00 per box (4 crackers).
What are the ingredients in vegan animal cookies?
Ingredients vary depending on the brand you purchase, but generally consist of organic wheat flour, organic sugar cane, non-GMO sourced milk from cows not treated with rBGH, and natural flavors.
Read More: Vegan Options at Zaxby’s
Vegan animal crackers are cookies that are all-natural, lack artificial ingredients, GMO-free sourced milk, meet requirements for being labeled as an “animal cookie”, and have natural flavors. Some of the most common vegan animal crackers include Barnum’s animal crackers, Pascall mints, Teddy grahams, Cheese Nips, and 100% whole wheat cheez-its.
Look for these products to ensure that they are vegan animal crackers. Many Nabisco products contain all-natural ingredients and GMO-free sourced milk. These include Barnum’s animal crackers, Pascall mints, Teddy grahams, Cheese Nips, and 100% whole wheat cheez-its. Look
Vegan animal cookies taste just like their counterparts, but contain no meat or byproducts and are wholly derived from a vegetable source. They can be found at your local health food store or in the natural foods section of your grocery store. Their cost can vary depending on which brand you purchase, but generally cost around $2.50 to $5.00 per box (4 crackers).
The ingredients in vegan animal crackers change depending on the brand you purchase, but consist of organic wheat flour, organic sugar cane, non-GMO sourced milk from cows not treated with rBGH, and natural flavors.
Pizza Stone Dough Roller Slicer SauceWe exclusively bring you lists of some gadgets related to food, drinks, beverages for your home, kitchen, picnic, parties and more. Below are highly reviewed Pizza Stone Dough Roller Slicer Sauce on sale from Amazon store. ENJOY 🙂
- AWARD-WINNING PIZZA SAUCE – Enjoy the unbeatable taste of the award-winning Pastorelli Pizza Sauce, awarded 5 grand gold medals in its own category by "being In a Class by itself".
- AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPE – An incredibly authentic Italian pizza sauce recipe, Pastorelli's famous Italian Chef Pizza Sauce has been a family recipe and a best-seller since 1952.
- JUICY, ZESTY FLAVOR – Made with fresh San Marzano-style tomatoes, plucked off the vine at their juicy, ripened peak for a fresh pizza sauce taste, our premium pizza sauce has a homemade zesty flavor.
- WITH CHEESE AND OLIVE OIL – Enhanced by imported Pecorino Romano cheese and extra-virgin olive oil, our pizza sauce with cheese is versatile to be used also as a pizza pasta sauce.
- A FAMILY RECIPE SINCE 1952 – This 8 oz pizza sauce can will make one 16″ inch pizza or two 12″ pizzas. Non-GMO | No Added Sugars | Gluten Free | BPA Free | Preservative Free.
- NO EFFORT PIZZA CUTTER – Stable vertical pressure and large cutting wheel for easy and perfectly controlled cutting process.
- GET THE PERFECT SLICE IN ONE CUT – This pizza cutter will leave you shocked with how easy it is to get a nice, clean cut through your pizza.
- COMFORTABLY FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND - This pizza slicer's unique design easily fits in your hand and also in your cutlery drawer.
- PROTECTIVE BLADE GUARD FOR EASY STORAGE – This pizza cutter wheel comes with a blade guard to keep your cutter securely stored away when you’re not using it.
- DISASSEMBLES FOR THOROUGH CLEANING AND DISHWASHER SAFE – Take it apart in 3 simple steps and put it in the dishwasher for thorough cleaning.
- EXCELLENT TEXTURE AND FLAVOR: Perfect for New York Style pizza or rolled thin and crispy, Weisenberger’s creates a deliciously chewy dough with enough strength to hold your favorite toppings.
- HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS: Weisenberger mills the flour used to make the pizza crust mix on site, as it has since 1865, to create a high quality and delicious pizza flour.
- SIMPLE TO MAKE: With two types of flour, salt, and yeast combined in perfect proportions, Weisenberger Pizza Mix is easy to use: just add ½ cup hot water, let rise, and bake.
- CONVENIENT SIZE: One 6.5 oz package makes a mouth-watering 12 inch pizza, or a 14 inch thin crust perfect for homemade pizza night! This listing is for a 12 pack.
- MAKE MORE THAN PIZZA: Weisenberger Pizza Crust mix is versatile enough for more than pizza. Create delicious breadsticks, calzones, cinnamon rolls, flatbread, and more!
- Measures: 7.25" x 4.5" x 1.25" / 18.5cm x 11.5cm x 3cm. Large roller: 4.125" / 10.5cm. Small roller: 2.5" / 6cm
- To help achieve a perfectly cooked crust, it needs to be of a uniform thickness. The Norpro Pastry/Pizza Roller is the perfect 2-in-1 tool for pies, cookies and pizza dough!
- The large roller smoothly rolls out dough, creating a uniform crust. Easy to use on your pastry mat/cutting board or directly in the pan!
- The small roller makes it easy to fill in dough to the edges, smooths edges and sides, and ensures uniform depth around the inner rim of the pan.
- Also ideal to crush nuts, crackers, cookies and bread crumbs!
- BEAT THE HELL OUT OF FORK – So much easier, faster and more fun than using a fork. Also not deep like a fork. Docking is the process of creating small vents in dough to prevent it from blistering and rising in large, uneven pockets during baking. The docker does take the guess work out of docking, however, since you don’t need to wonder whether you’ve added enough holes to your dough or whether it is evenly marked.
- TIME-SAVER AND LAST FOR YEARS – A dough docker is one of the stranger looking tools that you might find in your kitchen. Dough dockers are used to knock air out of your dough once it has been rolled. The dough docker will create numerous puncture holes in the dough to ensure there are no air gaps in your pizza base once it is cooked. Taking the 10 seconds to dock your dough prior to baking could save you several minutes later when it comes to popping bubbles throughout the baking process.
- NOT ONLY FOR RESTAURANT BUT ALSO FOR HOMEMADE – Generally this commercial pizza dough roller is used in the commercial pizzeria restaurant because of its speed of use. This could also be used for the homemade pizza gourment. This docker is used to easily and quickly allow bakers to dock dough just by rolling over the spiked portion back and forth with firm pressure over dough.
- PIZZA, PASTRY, TART, NAAN, PIE, FLATBREAD BUT NOT COOKIES – Pizza dough, Pastry dough, tart dough, naan bread, flat bread and pie crusts are some of the most commonly docked dough because bakers typically want them to bake as evenly as possible (particularly if there are toppings or fillings involved) in the oven. But for cookies it is a little big.
- BUY ONE GET THREE – Buy it right now, you will not only receive a dough docker, but also a pizza cutter and a pastry scraper within a beautiful gift package. You can use them all in the whole process of making pizza. Firstly, cut the dough with pastry scraper, and then roll dough docker on the dough. Lastly, cut the pizza with pizza cutter. They are also thoughtful gifts for lovers of baking.
- Size: The pizza stone measures 15" X 12" X 0.6", Golden thickness(15mm), weighs up to 6.7Lbs. Come with a free pizza peel board(11" X 15.6" x 0.35")
- Material: Made of 100% all-natural FDA-safe Cordierite stone, it is no smell and excellent thermal shock resistance. Heat-safe up to 1112°F(600℃). It could distributes heat evenly for optimal cooking, much more efficient than metal
- Multipurpose: Besides baking the fresh or frozen pizzas, this pizza stone set can be used for many other culinary explorations. Perfect for bread, cookies, stuffed calzone at home
- Clean: Scrape off any excess food with a spatula before clean. When the stone has cooled, run it under warm water while scrubbing with a brush. Never use soap or detergent on a stone, which will leave a soapy aftertaste
- After-sales Service: If you receive damaged stone or have any questions about quality and instructions during use, please feel free to contact us