In the early 1990s, the Ferrara Pan Candy Company was acquired by the Hershey Company. At that time, Hot Tamales were one of the company’s most popular products. Today, Hot Tamales are still made by the Ferrara Pan Candy Company.
Hot Tamales are a popular candy that is often enjoyed around the winter holidays. They can be found at most convenience stores and grocery stores. The candy has a cinnamon flavor and is made of sugar, corn syrup, red food coloring, and flavorings including cinnamon oil. Hot Tamales were created by the Ferrara Pan Candy Company in Chicago, Illinois.
Must Read: Are Cheez-Its Vegan Or Not?
In this blog post, we will list the different flavors of hot tamales, and let you know whether they are vegan-friendly or not and give you a little bit of information about each one. We hope that this blog post helps you find the right flavor of hot tamales candy for you!
Table of Contents
What Flavors of Hot Tamales Candy is Vegan?
None of them are vegan. They contain gelatin, which is an animal by-product that may be obtained from cows or pigs. If you do not consume any animal products at all then we recommend looking into other candies that don’t use these ingredients such as Red Vines licorice, Smarties candy rolls and Brach’s hard candies.
Most of the time, they include a hidden non-vegan component. The Hot Tamales, for example, contain artificial flavors and colors from insects.
Must Read: Are Antibiotics 100% Vegan Or Not?
Vegan Hot Tamales Candy Flavors:
There are not a single vegan flavors of Hot Tamales Candy. The main reason is that they use Shellac and/or Confectioners Glaze. Another reason would be because of the Red dye and other artificial dyes used in their candies.
What Makes Confectioners Glaze & Shellac non-vegan?
Confectioners glaze and shellac are made from insects. This is what makes them non-vegan. Many people do not know this, so it is important to be aware of the ingredients in your food. There are many vegan alternatives to these products, so there is no need to consume anything that isn’t vegan.
Shellac is a type of wax that comes from the shell of an insect and has been used in confectionery for centuries. Shellac is often combined with other ingredients such as sugar or milk powder to create different colors and textures within candy. It’s what gives your favorite sweets their glossy shine!
Confectioners glaze is a similar product to shellac, and is also made from insects. It’s used as a coating on candy to give it a shiny appearance and can be found in many different colors. Some of your favorite candies, such as Smarties and M&Ms, likely contain confectioners glaze.
Also Read: Are Tic Tacs Vegan or Not?
Frequently Asked Question:
Are there any vegan hot tamales flavors?
No, unfortunately Hot Tamales do not have any vegan flavors. This is due to the use of Shellac and/or Confectioners Glaze in their production, both of which are made from insects.
Do Hot Tamales have gelatin?
Hot Tamales Don’t Contain Gelatin. The ingredients in Hot Tamales include sugar, corn syrup, red food coloring, and flavorings including cinnamon oil. Gelatin is not an ingredient in the candy.
Are Hot Tamales bad for you?
Hot Tamales are not “bad” for you, but they can be a problem if eaten in excess. They contain sugar and artificial colors/flavors which are known to cause cancer if ingested at high levels over long periods of time.
Are cinnamon Red Hots vegan?
They aren’t vegan. One of the components is confectioners glaze (shellac), which is produced from insects.
Must Read: Are Milk Duds 100% Vegan Or Not?
Hot Tamales are a popular cinnamon-flavored candy often enjoyed around the winter holidays. While they are not vegan, there are some vegan-friendly alternatives available.
Most of the time, Hot Tamales include a hidden non-vegan component, such as gelatin or artificial colors and flavors from insects. However, there are some vegan hard candies that you can enjoy this holiday season.
We hope that this blog post helps you find the right flavor of hot tamales candy for you! The main flavors of Hot Tamales include cinnamon, cherry, apple, and grape. However, there are many different flavors of Hot Tamales available on the market. Be sure to check the ingredients list before purchasing to make sure that they are vegan-friendly!
That’s all for today! We hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any comments or suggestions please comment down below. Thank you!
Pizza Stone Dough Roller Slicer SauceWe exclusively bring you lists of some gadgets related to food, drinks, beverages for your home, kitchen, picnic, parties and more. Below are highly reviewed Pizza Stone Dough Roller Slicer Sauce on sale from Amazon store. ENJOY 🙂
- AWARD-WINNING PIZZA SAUCE – Enjoy the unbeatable taste of the award-winning Pastorelli Pizza Sauce, awarded 5 grand gold medals in its own category by "being In a Class by itself".
- AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPE – An incredibly authentic Italian pizza sauce recipe, Pastorelli's famous Italian Chef Pizza Sauce has been a family recipe and a best-seller since 1952.
- JUICY, ZESTY FLAVOR – Made with fresh San Marzano-style tomatoes, plucked off the vine at their juicy, ripened peak for a fresh pizza sauce taste, our premium pizza sauce has a homemade zesty flavor.
- WITH CHEESE AND OLIVE OIL – Enhanced by imported Pecorino Romano cheese and extra-virgin olive oil, our pizza sauce with cheese is versatile to be used also as a pizza pasta sauce.
- A FAMILY RECIPE SINCE 1952 – This 8 oz pizza sauce can will make one 16″ inch pizza or two 12″ pizzas. Non-GMO | No Added Sugars | Gluten Free | BPA Free | Preservative Free.
- NO EFFORT PIZZA CUTTER – Stable vertical pressure and large cutting wheel for easy and perfectly controlled cutting process.
- GET THE PERFECT SLICE IN ONE CUT – This pizza cutter will leave you shocked with how easy it is to get a nice, clean cut through your pizza.
- COMFORTABLY FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND - This pizza slicer's unique design easily fits in your hand and also in your cutlery drawer.
- PROTECTIVE BLADE GUARD FOR EASY STORAGE – This pizza cutter wheel comes with a blade guard to keep your cutter securely stored away when you’re not using it.
- DISASSEMBLES FOR THOROUGH CLEANING AND DISHWASHER SAFE – Take it apart in 3 simple steps and put it in the dishwasher for thorough cleaning.
- EXCELLENT TEXTURE AND FLAVOR: Perfect for New York Style pizza or rolled thin and crispy, Weisenberger’s creates a deliciously chewy dough with enough strength to hold your favorite toppings.
- HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS: Weisenberger mills the flour used to make the pizza crust mix on site, as it has since 1865, to create a high quality and delicious pizza flour.
- SIMPLE TO MAKE: With two types of flour, salt, and yeast combined in perfect proportions, Weisenberger Pizza Mix is easy to use: just add ½ cup hot water, let rise, and bake.
- CONVENIENT SIZE: One 6.5 oz package makes a mouth-watering 12 inch pizza, or a 14 inch thin crust perfect for homemade pizza night! This listing is for a 12 pack.
- MAKE MORE THAN PIZZA: Weisenberger Pizza Crust mix is versatile enough for more than pizza. Create delicious breadsticks, calzones, cinnamon rolls, flatbread, and more!
- Measures: 7.25" x 4.5" x 1.25" / 18.5cm x 11.5cm x 3cm. Large roller: 4.125" / 10.5cm. Small roller: 2.5" / 6cm
- To help achieve a perfectly cooked crust, it needs to be of a uniform thickness. The Norpro Pastry/Pizza Roller is the perfect 2-in-1 tool for pies, cookies and pizza dough!
- The large roller smoothly rolls out dough, creating a uniform crust. Easy to use on your pastry mat/cutting board or directly in the pan!
- The small roller makes it easy to fill in dough to the edges, smooths edges and sides, and ensures uniform depth around the inner rim of the pan.
- Also ideal to crush nuts, crackers, cookies and bread crumbs!
- BEAT THE HELL OUT OF FORK – So much easier, faster and more fun than using a fork. Also not deep like a fork. Docking is the process of creating small vents in dough to prevent it from blistering and rising in large, uneven pockets during baking. The docker does take the guess work out of docking, however, since you don’t need to wonder whether you’ve added enough holes to your dough or whether it is evenly marked.
- TIME-SAVER AND LAST FOR YEARS – A dough docker is one of the stranger looking tools that you might find in your kitchen. Dough dockers are used to knock air out of your dough once it has been rolled. The dough docker will create numerous puncture holes in the dough to ensure there are no air gaps in your pizza base once it is cooked. Taking the 10 seconds to dock your dough prior to baking could save you several minutes later when it comes to popping bubbles throughout the baking process.
- NOT ONLY FOR RESTAURANT BUT ALSO FOR HOMEMADE – Generally this commercial pizza dough roller is used in the commercial pizzeria restaurant because of its speed of use. This could also be used for the homemade pizza gourment. This docker is used to easily and quickly allow bakers to dock dough just by rolling over the spiked portion back and forth with firm pressure over dough.
- PIZZA, PASTRY, TART, NAAN, PIE, FLATBREAD BUT NOT COOKIES – Pizza dough, Pastry dough, tart dough, naan bread, flat bread and pie crusts are some of the most commonly docked dough because bakers typically want them to bake as evenly as possible (particularly if there are toppings or fillings involved) in the oven. But for cookies it is a little big.
- BUY ONE GET THREE – Buy it right now, you will not only receive a dough docker, but also a pizza cutter and a pastry scraper within a beautiful gift package. You can use them all in the whole process of making pizza. Firstly, cut the dough with pastry scraper, and then roll dough docker on the dough. Lastly, cut the pizza with pizza cutter. They are also thoughtful gifts for lovers of baking.
- Size: The pizza stone measures 15" X 12" X 0.6", Golden thickness(15mm), weighs up to 6.7Lbs. Come with a free pizza peel board(11" X 15.6" x 0.35")
- Material: Made of 100% all-natural FDA-safe Cordierite stone, it is no smell and excellent thermal shock resistance. Heat-safe up to 1112°F(600℃). It could distributes heat evenly for optimal cooking, much more efficient than metal
- Multipurpose: Besides baking the fresh or frozen pizzas, this pizza stone set can be used for many other culinary explorations. Perfect for bread, cookies, stuffed calzone at home
- Clean: Scrape off any excess food with a spatula before clean. When the stone has cooled, run it under warm water while scrubbing with a brush. Never use soap or detergent on a stone, which will leave a soapy aftertaste
- After-sales Service: If you receive damaged stone or have any questions about quality and instructions during use, please feel free to contact us