Veganism is defined by the Vegan Society as “A philosophy and way of living which seeks to exclude—as far as is possible and practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.” The term may also refer to the practice of following a plant-based diet. Vegans refrain from consuming animal products of any kind, not only in diet but also in clothes and other uses. The term vegan was coined by Donald Watson when he co-founded the Vegan Society in 1944 at his home in the manner of Old Oak. The definition originally read: “the doctrine that man should live without exploiting animals.” Interest in veganism increased in the 2010s.
Vegan options became increasingly available in many countries, including more than half of all U.S. states. The vegan movement seeks to discourage the consumption of animal products through both grassroots efforts and by lobbying government bodies to adopt policies favoring plant-based foods over animal-based ones.
Food chains like Cracker Barrel are typically accommodating to vegans, although vegan options are limited. Cracker Barrel does not have a specific menu section for vegan dishes. Vegan options are available on the regular menus, but it is important to tell your server that you are vegan so they can alert the cooks or chef.
Table of Contents
About Cracker Barrel
It was founded by Dan Evins on July 5, 1969, in Lebanon, Tennessee. The original restaurant was a combination country store and gasoline station. Cracker Barrel‘s menu is based upon “down-home” cooking, with appearances of some recipes from the owners’ family traditions. The chain serves American food influenced by Southern cuisine in a restaurant that resembles an Old Country Store. Cracker Barrel’s menu includes breakfast foods, such as pancakes and country ham, biscuits, chicken n’ dumplings, grits, salads, sandwiches, burgers, and seasonal desserts.
Cracker Barrel has locations in the United States, Canada, Curaçao, Japan, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates. The chain has been included in numerous publications’ annual lists of best restaurants, including those by Zagat, Condé Nast Traveler, and Travel + Leisure. Cracker Barrel is frequently referenced in Southern culture and is a sponsor of several professional sports teams in the Southeastern United States.
It is known for its specialized cast iron cookware that it uses in the preparation of many of its foods. Cracker Barrel also provides customers with free samples of its food items in their corporate headquarters lobby. Cracker Barrel has been the recipient of many positive reviews from national magazines and has been featured on several television programs. It serves a unique purpose in that it takes you back to a simpler time, where the community was greater than self. Cracker Barrel is all about going back to the basics of what made this country great, while still embracing the modern-day. If you’re looking for a great place to take the family, Cracker Barrel is where you need to go. It’s got that old-time feel but it’s also modernized enough to make everyone happy. One visit and you’ll be coming back for more!
Everything Vegan at Cracker Barrel (2023)
Cracker Barrel has a great vegan menu and offers much more than the minimal vegan options that typically exist to accommodate this growing population. They have an interesting take on many traditional foods, such as pecan pie, that will delight those who go meat-free.
Cracker Barrel’s menu is divided into categories that are identified with a lighted sign above the corresponding section on the menu. There is an appetizer section, entree selection, side items, and beverages. Drinks include plain or flavored ice tea, lemonade, fruit punch, coffee (regular and decaf), hot cocoa, milk (2% white and chocolate), soft drinks, root beer floats, fresh brewed iced tea, fruit juice smoothies (blueberry/strawberry/banana; strawberry/peach; raspberry), lemonade or limeade. Cracker Barrel serves Coca-Cola products.
Also Read: Vegan Options at Wawa (2023) | 20+ Options
Cracker Barrel offers several breakfast items. The menu features old-fashioned oatmeal, grits, biscuits and gravy, breakfast skillets, country ham, a variety of sandwiches made on homemade bread or whole wheat bread, pancakes (regular and buttermilk), chocolate chip or blueberry muffins, hot and cold cereal with milk, fruit salad, blueberry muffins, cinnamon rolls, and toast. The children’s menu includes eggs, biscuits, syrup, fruit juice/milk, or chocolate chip pancakes.
Vegan Side Dishes at Cracker Barrel:
|1||Fresh Fruit Cup|
|2||Plain Baked Potato|
|3||Mixed Greens Salad (No Croutons or Cheese, pick vegan dressing below)|
|4||Plain Oatmeal (Specify to make it with water)|
|5||Plain Grits (Specify to make it with water)|
|7||Fresh Sliced Apples|
Related Article: Vegan Options at Pizza Hut (2023) | 25+ Options
Vegan Sauces & Salad Dressings at Cracker Barrel:
|1||Low-Sugar Fruit Spread|
|2||Fat-Free Italian Dressing|
|3||100% Natural (Maple) Syrup|
|4||Balsamic Herb Vinaigrette|
|5||Sugar-Free (Maple-like) Syrup|
Frequently asked questions
What is Cracker Barrel?
Cracker Barrel is a country store where you can find many different things, from baked goods to home decor. It’s also known for its delicious southern-style food!
What other vegan options does Cracker Barrel have outside of the ones listed above?
Cracker Barrel doesn’t offer many additional vegan menu items, but they do have a large selection of other vegan options! They also have locations in the Southeastern United States, for easy access.
Is Cracker Barrel vegan-friendly?
Cracker Barrel is very vegan-friendly. They offer many delicious menu items that are 100% plant-based!
Read More about: Vegan Options at Sonic (2023) | 24+ Options
The future of Cracker Barrel looks very bright and they’re moving in a positive direction by catering to the growing vegan community. Cracker Barrel offers several breakfast items, vegan side dishes, sauces & salad dressings, and desserts for those who are dedicated, meat-free eaters. Hopefully, Cracker Barrel takes this movement seriously and continues to add even more new recipes!
Their Marketing Strategy: A new “Catering for Vegans” menu will be introduced soon. Use of the catering menu will be limited to (vegan) special events such as birthday parties, potlucks, and weddings. Offering this type of service is a great marketing strategy and it shows that Cracker Barrel has a strong desire/intention to reach this population.
Pizza Stone Dough Roller Slicer SauceWe exclusively bring you lists of some gadgets related to food, drinks, beverages for your home, kitchen, picnic, parties and more. Below are highly reviewed Pizza Stone Dough Roller Slicer Sauce on sale from Amazon store. ENJOY 🙂
- AWARD-WINNING PIZZA SAUCE – Enjoy the unbeatable taste of the award-winning Pastorelli Pizza Sauce, awarded 5 grand gold medals in its own category by "being In a Class by itself".
- AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPE – An incredibly authentic Italian pizza sauce recipe, Pastorelli's famous Italian Chef Pizza Sauce has been a family recipe and a best-seller since 1952.
- JUICY, ZESTY FLAVOR – Made with fresh San Marzano-style tomatoes, plucked off the vine at their juicy, ripened peak for a fresh pizza sauce taste, our premium pizza sauce has a homemade zesty flavor.
- WITH CHEESE AND OLIVE OIL – Enhanced by imported Pecorino Romano cheese and extra-virgin olive oil, our pizza sauce with cheese is versatile to be used also as a pizza pasta sauce.
- A FAMILY RECIPE SINCE 1952 – This 8 oz pizza sauce can will make one 16″ inch pizza or two 12″ pizzas. Non-GMO | No Added Sugars | Gluten Free | BPA Free | Preservative Free.
- NO EFFORT PIZZA CUTTER – Stable vertical pressure and large cutting wheel for easy and perfectly controlled cutting process.
- GET THE PERFECT SLICE IN ONE CUT – This pizza cutter will leave you shocked with how easy it is to get a nice, clean cut through your pizza.
- COMFORTABLY FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND - This pizza slicer's unique design easily fits in your hand and also in your cutlery drawer.
- PROTECTIVE BLADE GUARD FOR EASY STORAGE – This pizza cutter wheel comes with a blade guard to keep your cutter securely stored away when you’re not using it.
- DISASSEMBLES FOR THOROUGH CLEANING AND DISHWASHER SAFE – Take it apart in 3 simple steps and put it in the dishwasher for thorough cleaning.
- EXCELLENT TEXTURE AND FLAVOR: Perfect for New York Style pizza or rolled thin and crispy, Weisenberger’s creates a deliciously chewy dough with enough strength to hold your favorite toppings.
- HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS: Weisenberger mills the flour used to make the pizza crust mix on site, as it has since 1865, to create a high quality and delicious pizza flour.
- SIMPLE TO MAKE: With two types of flour, salt, and yeast combined in perfect proportions, Weisenberger Pizza Mix is easy to use: just add ½ cup hot water, let rise, and bake.
- CONVENIENT SIZE: One 6.5 oz package makes a mouth-watering 12 inch pizza, or a 14 inch thin crust perfect for homemade pizza night! This listing is for a 12 pack.
- MAKE MORE THAN PIZZA: Weisenberger Pizza Crust mix is versatile enough for more than pizza. Create delicious breadsticks, calzones, cinnamon rolls, flatbread, and more!
- Measures: 7.25" x 4.5" x 1.25" / 18.5cm x 11.5cm x 3cm. Large roller: 4.125" / 10.5cm. Small roller: 2.5" / 6cm
- To help achieve a perfectly cooked crust, it needs to be of a uniform thickness. The Norpro Pastry/Pizza Roller is the perfect 2-in-1 tool for pies, cookies and pizza dough!
- The large roller smoothly rolls out dough, creating a uniform crust. Easy to use on your pastry mat/cutting board or directly in the pan!
- The small roller makes it easy to fill in dough to the edges, smooths edges and sides, and ensures uniform depth around the inner rim of the pan.
- Also ideal to crush nuts, crackers, cookies and bread crumbs!
- BEAT THE HELL OUT OF FORK – So much easier, faster and more fun than using a fork. Also not deep like a fork. Docking is the process of creating small vents in dough to prevent it from blistering and rising in large, uneven pockets during baking. The docker does take the guess work out of docking, however, since you don’t need to wonder whether you’ve added enough holes to your dough or whether it is evenly marked.
- TIME-SAVER AND LAST FOR YEARS – A dough docker is one of the stranger looking tools that you might find in your kitchen. Dough dockers are used to knock air out of your dough once it has been rolled. The dough docker will create numerous puncture holes in the dough to ensure there are no air gaps in your pizza base once it is cooked. Taking the 10 seconds to dock your dough prior to baking could save you several minutes later when it comes to popping bubbles throughout the baking process.
- NOT ONLY FOR RESTAURANT BUT ALSO FOR HOMEMADE – Generally this commercial pizza dough roller is used in the commercial pizzeria restaurant because of its speed of use. This could also be used for the homemade pizza gourment. This docker is used to easily and quickly allow bakers to dock dough just by rolling over the spiked portion back and forth with firm pressure over dough.
- PIZZA, PASTRY, TART, NAAN, PIE, FLATBREAD BUT NOT COOKIES – Pizza dough, Pastry dough, tart dough, naan bread, flat bread and pie crusts are some of the most commonly docked dough because bakers typically want them to bake as evenly as possible (particularly if there are toppings or fillings involved) in the oven. But for cookies it is a little big.
- BUY ONE GET THREE – Buy it right now, you will not only receive a dough docker, but also a pizza cutter and a pastry scraper within a beautiful gift package. You can use them all in the whole process of making pizza. Firstly, cut the dough with pastry scraper, and then roll dough docker on the dough. Lastly, cut the pizza with pizza cutter. They are also thoughtful gifts for lovers of baking.
- Size: The pizza stone measures 15" X 12" X 0.6", Golden thickness(15mm), weighs up to 6.7Lbs. Come with a free pizza peel board(11" X 15.6" x 0.35")
- Material: Made of 100% all-natural FDA-safe Cordierite stone, it is no smell and excellent thermal shock resistance. Heat-safe up to 1112°F(600℃). It could distributes heat evenly for optimal cooking, much more efficient than metal
- Multipurpose: Besides baking the fresh or frozen pizzas, this pizza stone set can be used for many other culinary explorations. Perfect for bread, cookies, stuffed calzone at home
- Clean: Scrape off any excess food with a spatula before clean. When the stone has cooled, run it under warm water while scrubbing with a brush. Never use soap or detergent on a stone, which will leave a soapy aftertaste
- After-sales Service: If you receive damaged stone or have any questions about quality and instructions during use, please feel free to contact us