If you’re a fan of vegan-friendly baked goods, Gregg’s Bakery is the place for you! With an extensive menu of delicious vegan treats, there’s something for everyone. From classic favourites like cookies and brownies, to more unique options like doughnuts and cupcakes, Gregg’s has got you covered. So why not visit today and see for yourself? You won’t be disappointed!
Table of Contents
About Greggs Bakery
Greggs bakery is a British chain that offers a wide variety of pastries, sandwiches, and other baked goods. The company recently announced that it will be adding vegan items to its menu, including a black bean patty sandwich and a vegan sausage roll.
The meatless sausage roll is made with a pea protein filling, which looks like minced pork. It is served in an onion and herb-flavored puff pastry that mirrors the flavors of its original animal-based counterpart. The black bean patty sandwich features a Mexican seasoned vegetable patty on a sesame bun with lettuce and vegan mayonnaise. Vegan cheese will be offered as an option for both items.
Greggs bakery has over 1750 locations across the United Kingdom, but these new menu options are currently only available at 900 of them. Greggs plans to introduce vegan products to all stores by 2020. Several other chains have recently added plant-based options, including Subway and KFC who each launched products containing Beyond Meat products.
More Option: Vegan Options at Clif Bars (2023) | 30+ Options
Vegan Food-Items at Gregg’s:
The following are the vegan food-items at Gregg’s.
Sausage Rolls: Vegan Sausage Roll, Vegan Sausage and Bean Melt Wrap, Vegan Bacon & Cheese Melt Wrap.
Pasties: Vegetarian Cornish Pasty with Creamy Peppercorn Sauce (Vegan option), Vegetarian Mexican Spiced Potato Topped Pie (Vegan option).
Sandwiches: Baguette – Meat Free Chicken & Stuffing Salad Sandwich, Baguette – Meat Free Roast Beef Salad Sandwich, Croissant – Ham & Cheese Croissant (Vegans can choose a vegetarian version of this sandwich instead),
Panini – Meat Free BBQ Pulled Pork Panini Hot Dog Roll – Mushroom Katsu Curry Dog (Vegan option).
Vegan Snacks & Desserts at Gregg’s.
- (Vegan) Glazed Ring Doughnut
- Sweet Mince Pies
- Southern Fried Potato Wedges
- Thai Sweet Chilli Hand Cooked Crisps
- Salt & Vinegar Crunchy Sticks
- Sea Salt and Cider Vinegar Hand Cooked Crisps
- Chilli Tortilla Chips
The potato wedges, for me, are the most delicious “snack,” though not to be mistaken, Gregg’s Chips are excellent as well, and their vegan doughnut isn’t bad at all — although it doesn’t compare to vegan donut.
If you’re looking for something more like a “dessert,” Gregg’s has two vegan options: the sweet mince pies and their glazed ring doughnut. The former is quite tasty, and I personally prefer it over any mince pie from Marks & Spencer; however, its texture is less than desirable (it isn’t as flaky as one would hope). The latter is a bit dry, but it’s sweet and has a good glaze. So overall, not bad for vegan dessert options at Gregg’s!
Vegan-Friendly Drinks at Gregg’s:
Gregg’s has been offering vegan-friendly drinks for some time. In fact, the chain already offers a wide range of hot and cold beverages that are suitable for vegans. These include:
Still Lemon & Lime Flavored Water (Sugar-Free) Still Strawberry Water (Sugar-Free) Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade (Sugar-Free) Sparkling Cloudy Lemonade (Sugar-Free) Cherryade Sparkling Mango & Pineapple (Sugar-Free) Orange Juice Apple Juice Americano Green Tea Peppermint Tea Different Branded Sodas Any Milk-based Coffee/Tea if swapped for Soymilk.
Gregg’s is one of the few chain coffee/cafe chains that sells coffee without requiring customers to pay extra for non-dairy options. They
also have a wide variety of vegan pastries and cakes.
So, whether you’re in the mood for a hot or cold drink, Gregg’s has you covered! In the meantime, why not check out their current vegan-friendly offerings? You won’t be disappointed!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Items Are Vegan at Greggs?
The menu at Greggs includes a wide variety of vegan items like vegan sausage rolls, pasties, and sandwiches.
Can Vegans Eat at Greggs?
Yes, you can! The new menu will include a variety of vegan items like sausage rolls and sandwiches. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to enjoy your favorite food from this chain anymore. We’ve got all the details on what’s available here so keep reading below!
Are There Any Vegetarian Options at Greggs?
There are plenty of vegetarian options available too – just look for the green ‘V’ symbol on products next door or ask staff about our range in store if it’s not marked up clearly enough for you yet (we’re working hard behind-the-scenes though!). Just make sure that whatever choice is suitable before ordering because as we’re learning more each day some of these products still contain traces of animal by-products like milk/butter, eggs or even honey (as well as wheat gluten).
What is the Greggs Vegan Sausage Roll?
Gregg’s has launched a new vegan-friendly version of their famous sausage rolls. The pastry contains no animal products and is filled with Quorn mince, onion, sage seasoning and spices for a tasty treat that will satisfy any hungry plant eater and they are a great alternative to the original ones. The texture is also perfect – soft on the inside but crunchy outside with flaky layers of pastry that melt in your mouth.
As a vegan, you’ll be excited to know that starting in 2023, Greggs will be offering a completely vegan menu! This new menu will include items like vegan sausage rolls, pasties, and sandwiches. So whether you’re looking for something savory or sweet, Gregg’s has you covered! In the meantime, check out their current vegan-friendly offerings. You won’t be disappointed!
That’s all for now, but stay tuned because we may do another post about vegan food items that are available at other popular UK chains. In the meantime, if you have any comments or suggestions please feel free to comment down below. We would love to hear from our readers! Thank you.
Pizza Stone Dough Roller Slicer SauceWe exclusively bring you lists of some gadgets related to food, drinks, beverages for your home, kitchen, picnic, parties and more. Below are highly reviewed Pizza Stone Dough Roller Slicer Sauce on sale from Amazon store. ENJOY 🙂
- AWARD-WINNING PIZZA SAUCE – Enjoy the unbeatable taste of the award-winning Pastorelli Pizza Sauce, awarded 5 grand gold medals in its own category by "being In a Class by itself".
- AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPE – An incredibly authentic Italian pizza sauce recipe, Pastorelli's famous Italian Chef Pizza Sauce has been a family recipe and a best-seller since 1952.
- JUICY, ZESTY FLAVOR – Made with fresh San Marzano-style tomatoes, plucked off the vine at their juicy, ripened peak for a fresh pizza sauce taste, our premium pizza sauce has a homemade zesty flavor.
- WITH CHEESE AND OLIVE OIL – Enhanced by imported Pecorino Romano cheese and extra-virgin olive oil, our pizza sauce with cheese is versatile to be used also as a pizza pasta sauce.
- A FAMILY RECIPE SINCE 1952 – This 8 oz pizza sauce can will make one 16″ inch pizza or two 12″ pizzas. Non-GMO | No Added Sugars | Gluten Free | BPA Free | Preservative Free.
- NO EFFORT PIZZA CUTTER – Stable vertical pressure and large cutting wheel for easy and perfectly controlled cutting process.
- GET THE PERFECT SLICE IN ONE CUT – This pizza cutter will leave you shocked with how easy it is to get a nice, clean cut through your pizza.
- COMFORTABLY FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND - This pizza slicer's unique design easily fits in your hand and also in your cutlery drawer.
- PROTECTIVE BLADE GUARD FOR EASY STORAGE – This pizza cutter wheel comes with a blade guard to keep your cutter securely stored away when you’re not using it.
- DISASSEMBLES FOR THOROUGH CLEANING AND DISHWASHER SAFE – Take it apart in 3 simple steps and put it in the dishwasher for thorough cleaning.
- EXCELLENT TEXTURE AND FLAVOR: Perfect for New York Style pizza or rolled thin and crispy, Weisenberger’s creates a deliciously chewy dough with enough strength to hold your favorite toppings.
- HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS: Weisenberger mills the flour used to make the pizza crust mix on site, as it has since 1865, to create a high quality and delicious pizza flour.
- SIMPLE TO MAKE: With two types of flour, salt, and yeast combined in perfect proportions, Weisenberger Pizza Mix is easy to use: just add ½ cup hot water, let rise, and bake.
- CONVENIENT SIZE: One 6.5 oz package makes a mouth-watering 12 inch pizza, or a 14 inch thin crust perfect for homemade pizza night! This listing is for a 12 pack.
- MAKE MORE THAN PIZZA: Weisenberger Pizza Crust mix is versatile enough for more than pizza. Create delicious breadsticks, calzones, cinnamon rolls, flatbread, and more!
- Measures: 7.25" x 4.5" x 1.25" / 18.5cm x 11.5cm x 3cm. Large roller: 4.125" / 10.5cm. Small roller: 2.5" / 6cm
- To help achieve a perfectly cooked crust, it needs to be of a uniform thickness. The Norpro Pastry/Pizza Roller is the perfect 2-in-1 tool for pies, cookies and pizza dough!
- The large roller smoothly rolls out dough, creating a uniform crust. Easy to use on your pastry mat/cutting board or directly in the pan!
- The small roller makes it easy to fill in dough to the edges, smooths edges and sides, and ensures uniform depth around the inner rim of the pan.
- Also ideal to crush nuts, crackers, cookies and bread crumbs!
- BEAT THE HELL OUT OF FORK – So much easier, faster and more fun than using a fork. Also not deep like a fork. Docking is the process of creating small vents in dough to prevent it from blistering and rising in large, uneven pockets during baking. The docker does take the guess work out of docking, however, since you don’t need to wonder whether you’ve added enough holes to your dough or whether it is evenly marked.
- TIME-SAVER AND LAST FOR YEARS – A dough docker is one of the stranger looking tools that you might find in your kitchen. Dough dockers are used to knock air out of your dough once it has been rolled. The dough docker will create numerous puncture holes in the dough to ensure there are no air gaps in your pizza base once it is cooked. Taking the 10 seconds to dock your dough prior to baking could save you several minutes later when it comes to popping bubbles throughout the baking process.
- NOT ONLY FOR RESTAURANT BUT ALSO FOR HOMEMADE – Generally this commercial pizza dough roller is used in the commercial pizzeria restaurant because of its speed of use. This could also be used for the homemade pizza gourment. This docker is used to easily and quickly allow bakers to dock dough just by rolling over the spiked portion back and forth with firm pressure over dough.
- PIZZA, PASTRY, TART, NAAN, PIE, FLATBREAD BUT NOT COOKIES – Pizza dough, Pastry dough, tart dough, naan bread, flat bread and pie crusts are some of the most commonly docked dough because bakers typically want them to bake as evenly as possible (particularly if there are toppings or fillings involved) in the oven. But for cookies it is a little big.
- BUY ONE GET THREE – Buy it right now, you will not only receive a dough docker, but also a pizza cutter and a pastry scraper within a beautiful gift package. You can use them all in the whole process of making pizza. Firstly, cut the dough with pastry scraper, and then roll dough docker on the dough. Lastly, cut the pizza with pizza cutter. They are also thoughtful gifts for lovers of baking.
- Size: The pizza stone measures 15" X 12" X 0.6", Golden thickness(15mm), weighs up to 6.7Lbs. Come with a free pizza peel board(11" X 15.6" x 0.35")
- Material: Made of 100% all-natural FDA-safe Cordierite stone, it is no smell and excellent thermal shock resistance. Heat-safe up to 1112°F(600℃). It could distributes heat evenly for optimal cooking, much more efficient than metal
- Multipurpose: Besides baking the fresh or frozen pizzas, this pizza stone set can be used for many other culinary explorations. Perfect for bread, cookies, stuffed calzone at home
- Clean: Scrape off any excess food with a spatula before clean. When the stone has cooled, run it under warm water while scrubbing with a brush. Never use soap or detergent on a stone, which will leave a soapy aftertaste
- After-sales Service: If you receive damaged stone or have any questions about quality and instructions during use, please feel free to contact us