The Vegan movement is growing at an increasing rate each year. Veganism has many benefits to the environment, animals, and even to people who decide to go vegan. Veganism can be hard, however, as most restaurants are not set up for vegans or vegetarians. Most of the time people who are going out to eat at a restaurant have to settle for a salad or some fries.
Even though there are benefits to veganism, people still opt out of this diet for various reasons. Some people love chicken so much they can’t imagine giving it up. Others believe that eating meat is the only way to get protein in their diets.
Some even think that animal products are necessary for vitamin or mineral intake. The truth is, veganism is a healthy and easy diet. Many restaurants offer vegan food as well as pre-made meals that you can buy to eat at home. These recipes for non-vegans just include removing the meat or animal product from the dish.
One of those places that serve such vegan food is El Pollo Loco. Also Read More about Vegan Options at Little Caesars.
Table of Contents
About EL POLLO LOCO
EL POLLO LOCO is a restaurant with over 400 locations all over the world. Their main dish is, of course, chicken. However they also serve various other dishes such as tacos, burritos and salads. These items can be made vegan very easily by removing the meat and cheese from them. El Pollo Loco offers a vegan menu that includes vegan burritos, vegan tacos, and vegan salads. This restaurant is a great place for vegan or vegetarians to go when they are eating out with friends or family members who eat meat.
El Pollo Loco is open Sunday to Thursday from 10 am to 11 pm, and on Friday and Saturday they are open from 10 am to 12 am. Their main dishes cost around $5, which is very reasonable for the quality of food that you receive. Vegan dishes at El Pollo Loco cost around $7.
El Pollo Loco offers their vegan foods at various locations throughout the world. These locations include the US, Costa Rica, Mexico, and Nicaragua. The vegan items offered at El Pollo Loco are in English on their menus. They may offer them in other languages at their restaurants in Costa Rica and Nicaragua but these items will not be listed with pictures like they are in the US and Mexico.
Everything Vegan At El Pollo Loco (2023)
One of the vegan options at El Pollo Loco is a burrito. You can add extra items such as rice, beans and vegetables to make this meal even healthier and more filling. This meal costs $7.49 and you get unlimited chips and salsa to go with your meal.
You can also order a side of guacamole for an extra $2.99. If you usually order the vegetarian burrito then El Pollo Loco has veganized it by removing the cheese and meat from this dish, they also serve a bean and cilantro burrito that is vegan as well.
Another vegan option at El Pollo Loco is a taco. You can order this by itself or with rice and beans. This taco is filled with refried beans, onions, cilantro and lime juice. The price for one of these tacos by itself is $2.49, but you can also get it as part of larger dish with rice and/or beans for an extra charge.
Another vegan option at El Pollo Loco is a salad. This salad comes with lettuce, onions, cilantro and pico de gallo. You can also add extra items such as beans or rice to make this meal even bigger and more filling for an added fee.
Some vegan dressing choices that El Pollo Loco offers are upgraded salsas and avocado or tomatillo dressing. The price for this salad by itself is $5.49, but you can also get it with extra side items such as rice and beans for $6.49.
Read More: Vegan Options at Qdoba
Vegan Main Meal Options at El Pollo Loco:
- Beans, Rice, and Cheese Burrito (Specify no Cheese)
- Double Chicken Burrito (Swap Chicken for Avocado, specify no Cheese)
- Fajita Burrito (Swap Chicken for Avocado, Specify No Cheese or Sour Cream)
- Pollo Bowl (Swap Chicken for Avocado for free to make it vegan)
- Chicken Black Bean Bowl (Swap Chicken for Avacado for free to make it vegan)
- Beyond Meatless Chicken Options (Specify ‘make it vegan’ and they should make it vegan)
- Avocado Bacon Tostada Salad (Sub Chicken & Bacon for Avocado)
Vegan Side Dishes at El Pollo Loco:
- Black Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Corn Tortillas
- Wheat Tortillas
- Hard Taco Shells
- (“Mexican”) Rice
- Broccoli (Confirm no butter)
- Corn (Confirm no butter)
- “Homemade” Chips
- Citrus Vinaigrette
- Pico De Gallo
El Pollo Loco Vegan Dessert Options:
- Generally None
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does El Pollo Loco offer vegan options?
Answer: Yes, they offer various vegan foods including tacos, salads, and burritos.
Does El Pollo Loco cook their food with butter or lard?
Answer: Most likely the rice is cooked in butter but most of their vegetables and beans are not cooked with lard or butter.
Can I substitute meat for avocado in some dishes at El Pollo Loco?
Answer: Yes, you can request to substitute some vegan items such as the chicken in a burrito with avocado. You will have to pay for this substitution, however, and it is usually around $.50-$1.00 extra for the avocado.
Read More: Vegan Options at Kung Fu Tea
El Pollo Loco is a fast-food restaurant that offers vegan options for people on the go. It is vegan friendly because they offer vegan options such as vegan salads, vegan tacos, and vegan burritos. They also serve vegan side dishes such as beans, pinto beans, and rice. This restaurant cooks a majority of their food without butter or lard but their vegetables are not always cooked in vegan oil.
Their current vegan menu items are organized ingredients of vegan items on their current menu which can be found online. El Pollo Loco offers vegan desserts such as fruit cups at some locations, but these vegan desserts are not currently listed on their official website. Overall the vegan options at El Pollo Loco are limited because they only offer vegan food by swapping or upgrading current menu items.
There are no special discounts for vegans at El Pollo Loco, but they allow substitutions such as swapping meat for avocado in some dishes. The ingredients used by this restaurant are not organic and this restaurant does not claim to use organic ingredients.
El Pollo Loco is not 100 percent vegan however because they do cook with some butter and lard in their kitchen. El Pollo Loco is recommend to vegans because they offer vegetarian options for people on the go, but this restaurant is not completely healthy or cheap.
Their menu items are conveniently priced and they have various restaurants around the world so you don’t have to travel far to enjoy their vegan foods. If you’re looking for a quick meal that is healthy and filling then El Pollo Loco may be an option to consider.
Pizza Stone Dough Roller Slicer SauceWe exclusively bring you lists of some gadgets related to food, drinks, beverages for your home, kitchen, picnic, parties and more. Below are highly reviewed Pizza Stone Dough Roller Slicer Sauce on sale from Amazon store. ENJOY 🙂
- AWARD-WINNING PIZZA SAUCE – Enjoy the unbeatable taste of the award-winning Pastorelli Pizza Sauce, awarded 5 grand gold medals in its own category by "being In a Class by itself".
- AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPE – An incredibly authentic Italian pizza sauce recipe, Pastorelli's famous Italian Chef Pizza Sauce has been a family recipe and a best-seller since 1952.
- JUICY, ZESTY FLAVOR – Made with fresh San Marzano-style tomatoes, plucked off the vine at their juicy, ripened peak for a fresh pizza sauce taste, our premium pizza sauce has a homemade zesty flavor.
- WITH CHEESE AND OLIVE OIL – Enhanced by imported Pecorino Romano cheese and extra-virgin olive oil, our pizza sauce with cheese is versatile to be used also as a pizza pasta sauce.
- A FAMILY RECIPE SINCE 1952 – This 8 oz pizza sauce can will make one 16″ inch pizza or two 12″ pizzas. Non-GMO | No Added Sugars | Gluten Free | BPA Free | Preservative Free.
- NO EFFORT PIZZA CUTTER – Stable vertical pressure and large cutting wheel for easy and perfectly controlled cutting process.
- GET THE PERFECT SLICE IN ONE CUT – This pizza cutter will leave you shocked with how easy it is to get a nice, clean cut through your pizza.
- COMFORTABLY FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND - This pizza slicer's unique design easily fits in your hand and also in your cutlery drawer.
- PROTECTIVE BLADE GUARD FOR EASY STORAGE – This pizza cutter wheel comes with a blade guard to keep your cutter securely stored away when you’re not using it.
- DISASSEMBLES FOR THOROUGH CLEANING AND DISHWASHER SAFE – Take it apart in 3 simple steps and put it in the dishwasher for thorough cleaning.
- EXCELLENT TEXTURE AND FLAVOR: Perfect for New York Style pizza or rolled thin and crispy, Weisenberger’s creates a deliciously chewy dough with enough strength to hold your favorite toppings.
- HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS: Weisenberger mills the flour used to make the pizza crust mix on site, as it has since 1865, to create a high quality and delicious pizza flour.
- SIMPLE TO MAKE: With two types of flour, salt, and yeast combined in perfect proportions, Weisenberger Pizza Mix is easy to use: just add ½ cup hot water, let rise, and bake.
- CONVENIENT SIZE: One 6.5 oz package makes a mouth-watering 12 inch pizza, or a 14 inch thin crust perfect for homemade pizza night! This listing is for a 12 pack.
- MAKE MORE THAN PIZZA: Weisenberger Pizza Crust mix is versatile enough for more than pizza. Create delicious breadsticks, calzones, cinnamon rolls, flatbread, and more!
- Measures: 7.25" x 4.5" x 1.25" / 18.5cm x 11.5cm x 3cm. Large roller: 4.125" / 10.5cm. Small roller: 2.5" / 6cm
- To help achieve a perfectly cooked crust, it needs to be of a uniform thickness. The Norpro Pastry/Pizza Roller is the perfect 2-in-1 tool for pies, cookies and pizza dough!
- The large roller smoothly rolls out dough, creating a uniform crust. Easy to use on your pastry mat/cutting board or directly in the pan!
- The small roller makes it easy to fill in dough to the edges, smooths edges and sides, and ensures uniform depth around the inner rim of the pan.
- Also ideal to crush nuts, crackers, cookies and bread crumbs!
- BEAT THE HELL OUT OF FORK – So much easier, faster and more fun than using a fork. Also not deep like a fork. Docking is the process of creating small vents in dough to prevent it from blistering and rising in large, uneven pockets during baking. The docker does take the guess work out of docking, however, since you don’t need to wonder whether you’ve added enough holes to your dough or whether it is evenly marked.
- TIME-SAVER AND LAST FOR YEARS – A dough docker is one of the stranger looking tools that you might find in your kitchen. Dough dockers are used to knock air out of your dough once it has been rolled. The dough docker will create numerous puncture holes in the dough to ensure there are no air gaps in your pizza base once it is cooked. Taking the 10 seconds to dock your dough prior to baking could save you several minutes later when it comes to popping bubbles throughout the baking process.
- NOT ONLY FOR RESTAURANT BUT ALSO FOR HOMEMADE – Generally this commercial pizza dough roller is used in the commercial pizzeria restaurant because of its speed of use. This could also be used for the homemade pizza gourment. This docker is used to easily and quickly allow bakers to dock dough just by rolling over the spiked portion back and forth with firm pressure over dough.
- PIZZA, PASTRY, TART, NAAN, PIE, FLATBREAD BUT NOT COOKIES – Pizza dough, Pastry dough, tart dough, naan bread, flat bread and pie crusts are some of the most commonly docked dough because bakers typically want them to bake as evenly as possible (particularly if there are toppings or fillings involved) in the oven. But for cookies it is a little big.
- BUY ONE GET THREE – Buy it right now, you will not only receive a dough docker, but also a pizza cutter and a pastry scraper within a beautiful gift package. You can use them all in the whole process of making pizza. Firstly, cut the dough with pastry scraper, and then roll dough docker on the dough. Lastly, cut the pizza with pizza cutter. They are also thoughtful gifts for lovers of baking.
- Size: The pizza stone measures 15" X 12" X 0.6", Golden thickness(15mm), weighs up to 6.7Lbs. Come with a free pizza peel board(11" X 15.6" x 0.35")
- Material: Made of 100% all-natural FDA-safe Cordierite stone, it is no smell and excellent thermal shock resistance. Heat-safe up to 1112°F(600℃). It could distributes heat evenly for optimal cooking, much more efficient than metal
- Multipurpose: Besides baking the fresh or frozen pizzas, this pizza stone set can be used for many other culinary explorations. Perfect for bread, cookies, stuffed calzone at home
- Clean: Scrape off any excess food with a spatula before clean. When the stone has cooled, run it under warm water while scrubbing with a brush. Never use soap or detergent on a stone, which will leave a soapy aftertaste
- After-sales Service: If you receive damaged stone or have any questions about quality and instructions during use, please feel free to contact us